Friday, February 25, 2011

Salatul layl

Good Morning brothers & sisters! :DDD

I am really excited to share this with all of you. lol! As a newbie and the purpose of why I created this blog is to share my journey as a newbie, being "re-introduced" back to Islam :) There is this one quote that totally inspired me to be better:

" Being born in a muslim family does not make you a muslim, being born with a muslim name does not make you a muslim. Being a muslim means complete submission to Allah, surrendering every little bit of you "

I think it makes soOoO much sense :) don't you think?

Anyhoot! After my Fajr prayer, I thought to myself...What else can I do to increase my good deeds? what else can I do to get closer to Allah?

.......I'm not sure how it came to mind, I am really trying my best to recall how I came about but for some reason I just can't. lol forgive me, I have a gold fish memory :p

Kay, What came to mind was...Tahajjud most commonly known as Night Prayer. Some of you know and might have performed this yourself, Alhamdulillah :) I've heard of it but I never really bothered. so I decided to search on it more (googling of course! :p) Salatul layl came out.

Salatul Layl begins after midnight until the time for Fajr (morning) prayers. The best time for it is as close to the Fajr prayer as possible.

Salatul Layl consists of a total of 11 raka’ats, divided into the following prayers:

1. Nafilah of Layl: 8 raka’ats (4 x 2 raka’ats)

2. Salât al-Shaf’a: 2 raka’ats

3. Salat al-Witr: 1 raka’at

When the servant of Allah turns to his Lord in the middle of the dark night, and whispers to Him, Allah establishes His light in his heart . . . then He tells the angels:

"O my angels, look at my servant. He has turned to Me in the middle of the dark night while the false ones are playing, and the heedless ones are sleeping; bear witness that I have forgiven him."


"Whoever has been granted the chance to recite Salatul Layl, a male servant or a female one, and he(or she) rises for Allah sincerely, does proper wudhu , prays salaat for Allah with a true intention, a sound heart, a humble body and a tearful eye, Allah will place behind him nine rows of angels. The number of angels in each row cannot be counted except by Allah.One side of each row is in the East, and the other is in the West. Then when he completes his prayer, he gets the reward of all of the angels in the rows.
"

-Mashallah, Isn't that just great? :') Allah is indeed great-

Besides everyone is always looking for way to make up early, then maybe Salatul Layl can be your reason :)

24 more reasons:

Imam Jaffar Sadiq (a.s.) quotes Imam Ali (as) as saying that the Prophet (saww) said that a person who prays Salatul-Layl gets the following twenty four kinds of benefits:

  1. Secures Allah’s pleasure.
  2. Makes friendship with Angels.
  3. Is the Sunnat of the Prophets (a.s.)
  4. Provides the means to pursue knowledge.
  5. Constitutes the root of our faith.
  6. Keeps one physically fit.
  7. Drives Shaytan away.
  8. Protects one from enemies.
  9. Serves as a means of acceptance of one’s Duas and good deeds.
  10. Increases one’s livelihood.
  11. Intercedes with the Angel of Death.
  12. Lights up the grave.
  13. Provides comfortable bedding in the grave.
  14. Helps answering with ease the questioning of Munkar and Nakir in the grave.
  15. Gives companionship in the grave.
  16. Provides shelter on the Day of Judgment.
  17. Crowns one on the Day of Reckoning.
  18. Clothes one on the Day of Resurrection.
  19. Provides one with light on the Day of Judgment.
  20. Forms a barrier against the fire of Hell.
  21. Gets Allah’s pardon on the Day of Judgment.
  22. Increases the weight of good deeds on the scale.
  23. Helps one crossing the Bridge of “Siraat” without any difficulty.
  24. Forms the key to the Paradise.

............Let me know what you think on my Formspring :)