Sunday, July 24, 2011

This is the life!

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh :)

I was just thinking how much Islam have changed me..it really does.

I used to care what other's think of me, always wanted to please everyone. I had everything that I ever wanted in life yet I was never satisfied there was always this hole that could never be filled and Islam did that for me. Alhamdullilah.

Despite all the blessings that I have then, I was really insecure; I had to be perfect. I was extremely selfish and I was a narcissist (a little). Everyday I would put on make-up and fix my hair and wear shoes that hurts my feet and walk around in them the whole day. Though the reason I did all those then, was unclear to me and I was convinced that I "love" doing all those things but in fact I hate it. Well, hate might be a strong word cause I still like putting on make-up from time to time i.e. Hari Raya :) but not for everyday basis. I was basically in love with the materialistic world, every tiny bit of it. It was all about the things I could gain in this worldly life yet the hole never goes away until I discovered Islam back again.

Islam made my life so easy and so simple...I felt so free.