Saturday, March 10, 2012

The problem with young unlawful love



I remember the day I made you my everything
Boy, I felt so lucky but it didn’t take long for things to get sour. You were not you or at least the person I thought you were.
Me being me, we stayed friends for the longest time, we laughed, we joked, we had fun.
I wanted something more to happen but unfortunately you had someone else in mind
Yet me being me, we stayed friends.

I did everything I could just to see you out of school. I’ll pay for your dinner, for your friend’s movie tickets even...just so I could have an excuse to see you.
I like the things you like, be the type of girl you would like.
I told myself that I don’t deserve to be treated like this.
Then I felt the bitterness of not being near you.

You were never a horrible person.
In fact, you’re such a good friend to me.
But that is never what I wanted.
The day I made you my everything is the day I’ve lost everything.


Yes, my brothers and sisters in faith. The problem with young unlawful love. How can we give so much power/control to this person who is not even our spouse? 

Learn to love and respect yourself. This is not true happiness, your faith is. 

"Faith is not about everything turning out ok. Faith is about being ok no matter how things turn out."