Monday, June 20, 2011

blessin'

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh brothers & sisters!

Alhamdulillah my sister recently gave birth to a very beautiful girl!!! Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah, May she be a bright, beautiful & pious. Amin! So what did I realized during this hectic yet exciting time?

WE TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED

ahh yes, I am surely one of them. some of us fail to realized all the blessings Allah Aza'wajal gave us and yet we say it's not enough. Did you know the air you breathe is considered a blessing from Allah? Did you ever think how perfectly "situated" this earth is, how the majority of the places are not too hot or too cold..or at least bearable for human beings to still walk and breathe through out the whole day? and WE got the blessings to actually live here :) take a moment, you'll be surprise with the all the blessings that Allah had blessed you!!

How did it come to mind?

You see, my parents are reaching to their 60's very soon and I'm the youngest among 5 siblings, just incase you're wondering I'm in my early 20's lol. It so happen (by Allah's will), while my sister was about to give birth..my mother was away for a business trip in Malaysia with my 2nd eldest brother, no one expected my sister to give birth early (a week early) keep in mind that I'm in my 20's, so my father was a little out of touch with the whole pregnancy thing and it is my sister's 1st born. burping the baby, or changing the diaper and the whole she-bang wasn't the tricky part but funny enough, it was taking care of my sister! lol this is the time when our mothers would pass down her wisdom or motherhood skills or whatever you call it to their daughters..We know there are nurses to help my sister with breastfeeding but it's not the same when it's from your mother. Get what I'm saying? lol and it finally hit me.....

We were all wishing my mother would come home because she's just going to make everything so much better, it's not that my sister and her husband is having a really hard time but it is my sister's 1st born and I knew how much she wanted our mother to be there.

It's just one of the cases of "you don't know what you have until it's gone" ... true enough I am taking so many things for granted.

Our eye sight, we should feel so blessed that we are given the privileged to see for some are not and yet they are more grateful! I thought this is a very inspiring video to add in :)