Thursday, September 8, 2011

sister in the hood pt 2

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh everyone

First of all, I would like to apologize for being on hiatus for a while, I have been on "post block" lol 

"post block" is not an actual sentence but it seems to describe how I felt during my hiatus. At first I was so pumped thinking I was going to blog everyday last month but turns out I was just out of inspirations and out of ideas and hopefully things will be more occupied around here, Inshallah :)

Today I just want to talk about sisterhood and how incredibly amazing it is. Now, I've posted once before about sisterhood and I still feel the same way...but even more in love with my sisters in deen :) Mashallah how amazing it was "meet" all of them  such inspirational, bright individuals!! 

I never thought that I would be a part of something so wonderful, just lots of amazing reminders, hijab tutorials, articles and etc. obviously, you might not know what I am talking about :P but recently some time in Ramadhan,  one beautiful sister decided to create a group on Facebook and it has grown so much and Alhamdulillah it has been amazing!  Just a group of sisters who are just  in love with their deen :)

Do you have anything similar at your masjid or your local communities? :) if you do  LET ME KNOW, I would love to hear about them :)

I hope everyone had a fantastic Ramadhan and salam eid mubarak to all my brothers and sisters in faith!!

“A man went to visit a brother of his in another village. Allah sent an angel to wait for him on the road. When the man came along, the angel asked him, ‘Where are you headed?’ He said, ‘I am going to visit a brother of mine who lives in this village.’ The angel asked, ‘Have you done him any favor (for which you are now seeking repayment)?’ He said, ‘No, I just love him for the sake of Allah.’ The angel told him, ‘I am a messenger to you from Allah, sent to tell you that He loves you as you love your brother for His sake.’” [Muslim]

“By the One in Whose hand in my soul, you will not enter Paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you of something that if you do it, you will love one another? Spread Salam amongst yourselves.” [Muslim]

“No two people who love one another for the sake of Allah, or for the sake of Islam, will let the first minor offence of either of them come between them.” [Bukhari]

“It is not permissible for a Muslim to be estranged from his brother for more than three days, both of them turning away from one another when they meet. The better of them is the one who is first to greet the other.” [Bukhari and Muslim]