Saturday, February 18, 2012

unplanned shopping spree

I have everything planned out, I did not intend to spend a cent this 2 weeks.....

BUT I forked out more than I anticipated...way more! My colleague and I decided to go for a girls day out, Lunch, a little bit of shopping and go home but the unexpected happened, we ended up with a pair of shoes for each of us together with tons of other good stuff. We BOTH did not intend to spend, honestly we did not. However it turns out, we were each other's enabler..it was a blissful shopping day, so we've thought...

so you're wondering...."so err what's the point of you telling us this?" 

Well, when I came home, I felt extremely bad for spending so much but I strongly remember DURING the time of 'blissful' shopping period, I felt happy and I essentially 'need' to buy them ( for some of them, I do) and remember making up a reason(s) that I do need them...but did I really? No.

and I kept wondering to myself  "How could I let myself get out of control?" I have this really sick feeling of guilt and regret.

And you know what it reminds me of?

A milder feeling of guilt and regret went you commit sin knowingly. I know it is an odd comparison between sinning and a shopping spree (that wasn't anticipated) but if you think about it...

You're letting yourself down for not keeping your promise.

Just like you're letting your creator down for doing things that you know you're not suppose to. The amount of guilt and regret is so so so much more deeper than an unplanned shopping spree. 

But at some degree, I do find it similar and I can justify for all us..it is not the greatest feeling. period.