Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Spiritual fix!

Assalamualaikum brothers & sisters!

Remember when I told you guys about myspiritualfix.com by Navaid Aziz? :D part of the 'course' is that they will send an email everyday, uplifting ones! here's what I received 2 days ago :)

Assalam 'alaikum wa rahamatullah

I was thinking to myself that I would really like to supplement the videos that I'm making with some nice written content so you can continuously benefit on this spiritual journey, insha Allah!

Two of the biggest diseases of the heart are miserliness and excessive love of this world. Interestingly enough they both of have common cure: Shukr to Allah.

Shukr is not only just to thank and praise Allah for His blessings upon you, this is only the first step, but Shukr is to utilize that which Allah blessed you with to get closer to Him (i.e. use it for His sake).

Example: Allah has blessed you with money. You say al hamdulillah for being blessed with it and then you give some sadaqah (charity) so that others may feel the same blessings as you and thank Allah as well, and this further pleases Allah and increases your reward. Every blessing can have a similar cycle, you just have to take the time to be creative and contemplate it.

I'd like to conclude with a famous statement attributed to Imam Al-Shafi' (rh): "To be able to thank Allah for a blessing is a blessing with in of itself."

My question to you is: What are you thankful for today?

Come share your answer on the facebook page.

May Allah purify and rectify our hearts. Ameen!
Was salam 'alaikum wa rahmatullah
-Navaid Aziz

so brothers & sisters I do encourage you all to join! :D for now that is all, Ishallah tomorrow I will post my top 6 scholars! who knows, maybe we even like the same scholars..... :D