Sunday, February 13, 2011

Schoo-larZz

Assalamualaikum & Good Afternoon!

What a beautiful Sunday :) as I promised yesterday...I will list down my top 6 scholars but I just found out I only have a top 5. lol I'm not saying the other scholars are not good, these are the scholars that I normally listen to, maybe I should just change the topic to: Scholars lectures I listen to, eyh? maybe you guys can recommend me one? or two?...or three new scholars :P ok, lets get moving!

#5th spot: Sheikh Feiz Muhammad
#4th spot: Tawfique Chowdhury
#3rd spot: Navaid Aziz
#2nd spot: Yasir Qadhi
#1st spot: Nouman Ali Khan

Some of you might know the scholars already and probably have listened to most of their lectures and I guess I do not need to tell you how amazing their lectures are! :D but for those who have not than I suggest you should youtube them :)

here's some suggestions:





One of my favourites from Sheikh Feiz, a lecture about death, yes death. Sometimes we do need to be reminded that there is nothing permanent in this world, everything does not belong to us, it belongs to our creator, Allah SWT. We do get side tracked in this world and this is one way to remind myself: nothing is permanent and one day we will return everything to the creator of the heaven and the earth.

love this lecture? then this would be perfect for you :)


Tawfique Chowdhury has his own section in The Deen Show about the hereafter/judgment day/akhirah and mashallah the series is such an eye opener!


Judgement day signs - I can't post the video, it is not from Youtube :(

p/s: I would like to know what you think of the series!

Next, Navaid Aziz! I posted my favourite lecture here before. no worries, I'll post it again :D



I GIVE THIS A 10/10, 2 THUMBS UP, 5 STARS!!!!

Jazakallah for this video, I cried so hard watching this! what I've learned from this is that Allah is always there for us, always ready to forgive us when we repent (sincerely asking for forgiveness) Allah will not burden us beyond our scope! Allah is never unfair. NEVER!

- NEVER LOSE HOPE IN ALLAH -

Taubah is obligatory it is not an option for every Muslim

"One of the biggest sins that we can do is to give up hope of Allah's forgiveness. To claim that, "Allah cannot forgive me," is a bigger sin than any other sin that you have done. "I am too sinful, there is no point in repenting, Allah cannot forgive me, I am too sinful." This very claim of yours is a bigger sin than anything else you might have done as a Muslim. O Muslim, no matter how sinful you are...do you think that you alone single handedly have commited so many sins that you can emcompass Allah's mercy, that Allah's mercy cannot forgive you, that you can challenge the Rahmaan and the Raheem? WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOUR SINS IN COMPARISON TO THE MERCY OF ALLAH ?! That arrogance is a greater crime and greater sin than any other sin you might have done. And that is why the Prophet (saws) said that the biggest of all sins is Shirk (polytheism) and to give up hope of Allah's mercy and to say that Allah cannot forgive me.

To claim that Allah cannot forgive you, you're limiting the mercy of Allah, you're limiting the forgiveness of Allah. And you are claiming single handedly that you and your sins are more powerful than Allah and His mercy!" - Yasir Qadhi

ALLAH DOES NOT COUNT THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU REPENT, ALLAH LOOKS AT THE QUALITY OF THE TAUBAH NOT THE QUANTITY


My favourite lecture from Yasir Qadhi :) it touches your heart, does it not? :)))



I particularly love this lecture from Nouman Ali Khan, to be honest I am loving most of his lectures!!!

I will not spoil this lecture for you :P curious? go watch..the title itself is intriguing enough, no?

Let me know what you think of all the lectures I posted =]