Tuesday, March 29, 2011

GOT PATIENCE?


Assalamualaikum brothers & sisters!

Since I have some free time right now..might as well :p

I just want to write about one particular attribute that we all should have..and that is patience. Sabar (patience) is something hard to obtain..no really, it is or is it just me? :/

I've come to realised that teenagers are really hot blooded. lol! we get so aggravated soOoOo easily with our friends, with our parents, with our maids, with our co-workers...

Ok lemme tell you something we ALL can relate to :P

When you're out with your friends, having fun and all that and suddenly your mom called and asked you to come home and it was only 9pm.

OR

When your maid misplaced or rearrange your room and you couldn't find your stuff and when you asked she said 'I don't know' or she'll just stare back at you.

OR

When you're dealing with very fussy customers/clients with the mentality "Customer is always right!" and will not take NO for an answer!

OR

Trying to explain something to someone who is totally clueless!


Yes it can be annoying sometimes.

So I have a non-muslim colleague at work....and it amazes me how patient she can be! Mashallah it really did amazed me and the fact that she was still able to maintain her facial expression...as if she swallowed her anger AND the fact that she was still able to remain very cheerful without a single ounce of rudeness in her tone, she was so careful with her words! I was completely truly astounded by her patience and I've seen this in so many occasions. I didn't even realised that she was annoyed until she told me...this is what I meant by swallowing her anger, it doesn't show on her face at all.

There are times when I was the one who was hostile and she was not, there are times when I was impatient but she was not. Yes I'm quite ashamed of myself, I should to be more patient...we all should and Allah would reward us tremendously for our patience :') Allah is the most Just.

So be patient whatever befalls you! don't get annoyed with your parents, siblings, friends, colleagues, strangers....ANYONE! or even the situation you are in...whether someone is being rude or disrespectful to you or mocked you in return you treat them with kindness and forgive them :) forgive everyone that have wronged you and make good doas for them sincerely!

Why?

You might say, they don't deserve to be forgiven and in some situation yes maybe they don't but you don't forgive someone because they deserve it you pardon someone because you hope that Allah will forgive you like you forgave them! in other words you're forgiving them for the sake of Allah. How can we expect our lord to pardon our sins when we ourselves are not forgiving towards our brothers and sisters in faith?

So brothers and sisters, think long and hard :) have patience and be forgiving...this can be a blessing for you in the hereafter.

** I know I was suppose to talk about patience only but I coulnd't help but to squeeze in something extra :P